Nassau County Bar Association Hosting Free Clinics for Hurricane Related Issues
The Nassau County Bar Association will host a series of free clinics for hurricane related issues. There will be four sessions over the course of two days at the Bar Association, located on 15th Street at the Corner of West Street in Mineola.
The clinics take place on Monday, November 19 and Monday, November 26 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
Residents will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with volunteer attorneys to receive help in these areas:
• Homeowner, flood, property damage, automobile insurance claims
• FEMA assistance and grants
• Debt deferral
• Consumer Protection issues (contractors, etc.)
• Landlord-Tenant issues
• Assistance in dealing with lenders to avoid foreclosure
• Health/disability/personal injury/post-traumatic stress issues
• Pro bono Alternative Dispute Resolution (mediation and arbitration) for neighbor disputes arising from the storm.
Call (516) 747-4070 to schedule a free appointment.