Senator Kemp Hannon
6th District New York
Claim Unclaimed Funds

There is over $14 billion of lost money in New York State alone.  You can search the Office of Unclaimed Funds to see if any of this money may be yours.

If you are the owner of potential funds, you would need to submit copies of the following documents:

Picture ID
Proof of Name Change (if your name differs)
Proof of Address (or proof of your connection to the old address)


Proof of Ownership: (bank books, passbooks, statements, certificates, uncashed checks, insurance policies)

If you are not the owner, the required documentation would depend upon your relationship to the owner:

Parent on Behalf of a Minor: submit a copy of the minor's birth certificate, social security card, and connection to address 

Guardian or Legal Representative: submit legal documents showing your guardian, affadavit from Power of Attorney, and connection to address.

Estate Executor/Adminstrator: submit copy of owner's death certificate and current copy of your Letters of Authority 
If you are a Business owner or CEO, you would need to submit copies of the following:

Business Card
Articles of Incorporation or DBA
List of subsidiaries
Documentation showing authorization for you to act on the business' behalf


To find out more information, please CLICK HERE or call 1-800-221-9311.

District Office
595 Stewart Avenue, Suite 540
Garden City, NY 11530
Albany Office
420 State Capitol Bldg.
Albany, NY 12247