Are you at risk for a Fall? - Free Fall Prevention Classes
Did you know that one out of every three people aged 65 and older falls each year? Falling can have life altering or threatening results. That’s why Senator Kemp Hannon is spreading the word about the Fall Prevention Program at Winthrop-University Hospital.
You may be prone to falling if you…
* feel unsteady on your feet, weak or dizzy
* notice your hearing getting worse
* drink alcohol daily
* exercise less than two days a week for 30 minute intervals
* use your arms when standing up from a chair
* have more than three chronic health conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure
If you were able to say “yes” to one or more of the above, make sure you talk with your doctor about your concerns so he or she can review your medications. Also, ask about a physical therapy consultation for assistive devices or exercises for strength and balancing training. Scheduling an eye and hearing exam is also important.
Call 1-866-WINTHROP to sign-up for a free Fall Prevention class