Do you know the signs of Autism? - April is Autism Awareness Month
Did you know that Autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) are the fastest type of growing developmental disability? April is Autism Awareness Month and Senator Kemp Hannon is reminding everyone to review the signs of Autism so that every child can get the care they deserve.
“Early detection and subsequent treatment and support are crucial when it comes to minimizing limitations and maximizing success,” said Senator Hannon.
Does a child you know:
* Avoid eye contact and want to be alone
* Have trouble understanding other people’s feelings or talking about their own feelings
* Have delayed speech and language skills
* Repeat certain words or phrases over and over or repeat what others say
* Get upset by minor changes or have to follow certain routines
* Not understand personal space or boundaries
For more information regarding Autism and to make a donation to help support autism education, awareness, advocacy, research, and most importantly, to assist families living with autism, visit www.autism-society.org .